Andre LaCour, one of Chicago's premier photographers partnered up with me this past Fall to snap a stellar styled shoot in my boutique. When I saw that our work was published in Strictly Weddings, we were beyond thrilled with the news! These five fabulous photos show brides-to-be a fun, yet chic way to dress for their Wedding Day. Special thanks to Lati from The Bridal Beauty Salon for the beautiful hair style! Also extremely grateful to Elise for the marvelous makeup at leesi b. Complete Styling & Designs from the Victoria Sdoukos Couture Collection. Floral design by Oliver Dogwood Floral Co.
Viewing entries in
When preparing for your Wedding Day, every detail matters including the bouquet. Today I'm sharing some beautiful examples of how the perfect bouquet enhances your overall dream bridal look.
1. Chic: This is my beautiful bride Maggie wearing the Despina from the VSC Collection. Her gown is a trumpet cut style & is made with double faced duchess silk satin. Along with her look, I handmade the jewelry using Swarovski Elements, her beautiful silk bolero & veil. Perfect look for the City Chic Bride!
2. Timeless: Here we have Kelly wearing the Samantha wedding gown from the VSC collection. Her gown is a trumpet cut style, accented with Alencon lace bodice & beautiful vintage brooch on her sash. Her look is timeless & will be adorned for many years to come..
3. Classic: Say hello to Maggie our Classic Beauty!!! She is wearing the Christine gown from the VSC collection. What I love about her look is the simplicity that allows us to really see her true beauty. She is wearing a white double faced duchess silk satin A-line gown with a ivory ribbon, to add just a slight contrast to her Wedding Day look.
4. Romantic: Here we have Erin with her romantic wedding gown from the VSC collection. She is wearing the Agape gown, which means LOVE.. Can't be more romantic then that :) The gown is made from our beautiful imported alecon lace, which only comes from one place in the world... France! I just love the floral pattern on this lace, it's gorgeous & a must for the Romantic Bride.
5. Traditional: Nieve is my featured bride for this traditional bridal look. Together with Nieve I created this one of a kind look for her. She had a December wedding & was dreaming about a gown with lace sleeves. She is wearing a A-line skirt wedding gown made with double faced duchess silk satin & her bodice is hand stitched alencon lace.
6. Beach: My favorite place to be :) What I love about beach brides are the amazing photos they have walking along the beach in a couture wedding gown. Kristina is wearing the Dionna one shoulder wedding gown, accented with handmade silk flowers. This look is perfect for her dream wedding in Hawaii!
Unique: Being a designer is all about being unique! Emily chose the Viki gown from my collection which is handmade in 3 colors to complete the look. Her bodice is light ivory, the sash is taupe & her skirt is dark ivory. When you combine these colors together you get a beautiful rustic color pallet, which I think is unique for a bridal gown.
Bridal sashes have been on high demand these past couple of years, but finding that perfect sash can sometimes be a challenge. Not to worry Chicago brides bc you can have your very own custom made sash from the Victoria Sdoukos Couture Collection. Many brides love our sashes bc of the quality & allowing the bride to add their very own personal touches to their Wedding Day look. The steps on ordering a custom sash are easy.. 1st starting with the color, which we offer over 50 beautiful shades, 2nd the details... Do you want silk flowers, Swarovski Rhinestones, Pearls, Lace or a little bit of everything? Let us know & we can create your dream sash! Many times brides will tell me they love lace & glamour. One way to have both looks is simply changing your sash. So in the morning, you can wear an ivory or white sash with delicate lace details & then at night, a glamorous one full of Swarovski rhinestone bling! Sometimes brides will have the 2nd sash in a black, eggplant, navy, charcoal, red or even blush to make a statement. So whatever your dream sash may be, let us know & we will create your vision. Most custom sashes begin at $350 & usually 2 months to complete order.
Lace has been very popular for the past couple of years & many of us can see why... There is nothing more romantic then wearing a Lace Wedding Gown on your Big Day! In this post I have one of my beautiful Chicago Brides wearing her custom made wedding gown from the Victoria Sdoukos Couture Collection.. This particular gown is the Angelina Gown & is featured in white Alencon lace. One of my favorite elements on this gown are the hand stitched silk flowers that I added to the bottom of the gown & sash, which are highlighted with my favorite... Swarovski Rhinestones!!! What makes this trumpet cut lace gown so special, is the unique combination of romance, glamour & classic all wrapped up in one!
Congratulations to my Hollywood Glam Bride Leslie!!! She tied the knot this January in Chicago with her amazing reception held at the Knickerbocker Hotel, might I add one of my favorite places. I adore her city skyline photo, it captures the mood of what it means to be a Chicago Bride & of course I had to add the cake cutting photo bc it's one of my favorite Wedding Day moments.. Leslie wore a custom made gown from the Victoria Sdoukos Couture Collection & added her own personal touches in the sash color, jewelry & layout of her Swarovski rhinestone studded flower on her shoulder. The cut of the gown is a one shoulder trumpet cut, also referred to as fit to flare. It's featured in ivory double faced duchess silk satin & is highlighted with a glamorous floral shoulder. The shoulder has hand cut silk flowers, that are layered with two textures of silk chiffon & double faced duchess silk satin. Leslie added her unique touches to the gown with the color tones that she picked out to highlight her look. I loved her idea of mixing gold & silver tones together, as she loves those two metals just like me. Her shoulder detail has beautiful muted gold & silver Swarovski rhinestones mixed in the flowers which makes the shoulder very interesting to look at & is like a piece of art. I also cannot forget to mention the back of the gown, it has about 100 muted gold Swarovski rhinestone buttons along the back which is outstanding!!! One of my favorite add ons to Leslie's gown, was a personal hand stitched heart made from a piece of fabric from her Fathers clothing, as a memory of him. It was so beautiful & seeing Leslie's reaction to the added piece in her gown was very touching, it made me so happy :) More pictures of Leslie's Glamorous Wedding Day are available on my FB page! Once again congratulations Leslie, you were so wonderful to work with & you looked like a Doll :)
So excited to be featured in Debi Lilly's latest magazine... As I work on gowns in my Chicago Boutique, I always snap pics of the work in progress as a fun way to showcase the dress/jewelry making process. I had no idea that Debi Lilly had pulled a couple of them to create this beautiful spread. I was so excited when I saw this bc it really showcases who I am as a designer. I love creating bridal gowns, veils and jewelry but the fun part is the process of creating these pieces. So while I'm working away, I'm snapping away... Hope you enjoy these fun behind the seams bridal inspirations!